Course Description: A systematic study of the Church in relation to the eternal purpose of God and what this implies for this present generation. Particular care is taken to give a scriptural analysis of what God is saying to the Church today. In society today, many Christians do not see the need to be regularly involved with the local church. This course will provide the biblical basis for the place and eternal purpose of the local church and offer practical application for each believer's role in it. The goal is to lead the student to have the same vision, passion and commitment to the church that Jesus has.
- To provide a Biblical understanding of the place of the Church in the purpose of God.
- To define the Church in a manner consistent with the Scripture.
- To examine the Biblical principles of revival and restoration and their application to the Church.
- To survey the pattern of decline and restoration in the history of the Church.
- To encourage the student to accept the same vision, passion and commitment to the Church that Jesus has.
- Lectures 1-3: Eternal Purpose of God
- Lectures 4-6: Kingdom of God
- Lectures 7-11: The Church According to Jesus
- Lectures 12-14: Church in Acts
- Lectures 15-16: Church in Ephesians
- Lectures 17-21: Role of the Church
- Lectures 22-23: Israel
- Lectures 23-25: Decline of the Church
- Lectures 26-29: Restoration of the Church
Portland Bible College is an educational ministry of Mannahouse (formerly City Bible Church) committed to the formation of Servant-Leaders for local churches and societies throughout the world. PBC has a reputation for not only training your mind, but also speaking to your spirit. Now these courses, which have helped thousands of pastors, church staff, marketplace leaders and committed believers achieve greater success in their churches, ministries and personal lives; is available to people anywhere in the world. This course can be offered for college credit by visiting www.portlandbiblecollege.org/apply-now
Copyrights: All courses are the intellectual property of Portland Bible College. Any copying or public presentation of part or all of the courses without express written permission from Portland Bible College is a violation of federal law. Curriculum developed by Portland Bible College is not ‘for sale,’ but available for use under different licensing options; Extension Campus, Affiliate Program, Group License and Individual License. Each license allows for different usage permissions and periods of time. Churches/Programs that no longer partner with PBC do not retain usage rights to the lectures, PowerPoint or additional curriculum.
Group use: This is the individual licensed curriculum for this course. : If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, there are group licensing options available. The group license differs from the individual license in that it permits you to present this course publicly as well as provides additional resources including a syllabus and assignment templates. Group License costs are the individual license fee + the very affordable price of $10 per student. If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, please contact the PBC offices by phone at 503.255.3540 or email at email@example.com.
Your cart is empty