COURSE DESCRIPTION: Old Testament History is a study of the books of Joshua, Judges, Ruth and I & II Samuel, placing an emphasis on historical content and spiritual application. The complete Old Testament History course is a 5 credit course with a total of 62 lectures; this is the first half which includes 34 lectures. The other 28 lectures are part of Old Testament History Part 02. This course will allow the key characters of the nation of Israel literally come to life. Students will gain insight in interpreting Bible stories, understanding God’s purposes and making current-day application of God’s unchanging principles into their daily lives.
- To accurately perceive the facts of each passage and explore relevant background information.
- To discern the meaning and significance of the events and to determine the principles of the truth
- To describe how the principles of truth communicated in these passages are relevant to our lives today.
- Lectures 1-6: Introduction: God’s Purpose in History
- Lectures 7-8: Joshua: Story of Conquest
- Lectures 9-13: Joshua: Entering the Land
- Lectures 14-18: Joshua - Dividing the Land
- Lecture 21: Joshua - Famous Last Words
- Lectures 22-24: Judges - Failure through Compromise
- Lectures 25-32: Judges - National Servitude
- Lectures 33-34: Judges - National Corruption
INSTRUCTOR: Ken Malmin
Portland Bible College is an educational ministry of Mannahouse (formerly City Bible Church) committed to the formation of Servant-Leaders for local churches and societies throughout the world. PBC has a reputation for not only training your mind, but also speaking to your spirit. Now these courses, which have helped thousands of pastors, church staff, marketplace leaders and committed believers achieve greater success in their churches, ministries and personal lives; is available to people anywhere in the world. This course can be offered for college credit by visiting www.portlandbiblecollege.org/apply-now
Copyrights: All courses are the intellectual property of Portland Bible College. Any copying or public presentation of part or all of the courses without express written permission from Portland Bible College is a violation of federal law. Curriculum developed by Portland Bible College is not ‘for sale,’ but available for use under different licensing options; Extension Campus, Affiliate Program, Group License and Individual License. Each license allows for different usage permissions and periods of time. Churches/Programs that no longer partner with PBC do not retain usage rights to the lectures, PowerPoint or additional curriculum.
Group use: This is the individual licensed curriculum for this course. : If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, there are group licensing options available. The group license differs from the individual license in that it permits you to present this course publicly as well as provides additional resources including a syllabus and assignment templates. Group License costs are the individual license fee + the very affordable price of $10 per student. If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, please contact the PBC offices by phone at 503.255.3540 or email at email@example.com.
Your cart is empty