Course Description: Human Development and Relationships is a 3 credit class; as such, it has 40 lectures (each 35-45 minutes in length). Human Development deals with the roles of men and women in society and how the individual functions within the group. In addition to studying human sexuality, strong emphasis is placed upon the necessity and dynamics of strong interpersonal relationships in all areas of life.
- To impart insight into the development of the personal identity of the individual.
- To increase understanding of the unique social roles of the individual as created being, a friend, a son or daughter, a single adult, and a future spouse.
- To equip the student with basic Biblical principles of building healthy relationships with family and peers.
- To impart understanding of men and women in the social context and to better equip the student with skills to develop healthy platonic relationships.
- To give practical wisdom and Biblical insights regarding romantic relationships and preparation for marriage.
- Lectures 1-13: Human Development and Identity
- Lectures 14-16: Healthy Parent-Child Relationships
- Lecture 17: Relating to Grandparents and Older People
- Lectures 18-20: Developing Peer Friendships
- Lectures 21-23: God's Purpose for Singleness
- Lectures 24-25: Developing Healthy Platonic Relationships
- Lectures 26-27: Understanding Male and Female Differences
- Lectures 28-31: Godly Romantic Relationships
- Lectures 32-34: What Every Father Wishes His Daughter Knew
- Lectures 35-37: What Every Mother Wishes Her Son Knew
- Lectures 38-40: Discerning God's Will for A Life Partner
Instructor: Glenda Malmin
Portland Bible College is an educational ministry of Mannahouse (formerly City Bible Church) committed to the formation of Servant-Leaders for local churches and societies throughout the world. PBC has a reputation for not only training your mind, but also speaking to your spirit. Now these courses, which have helped thousands of pastors, church staff, marketplace leaders and committed believers achieve greater success in their churches, ministries and personal lives; is available to people anywhere in the world. This course can be offered for college credit by visiting www.portlandbiblecollege.org/apply-now
Copyrights: All courses are the intellectual property of Portland Bible College. Any copying or public presentation of part or all of the courses without express written permission from Portland Bible College is a violation of federal law. Curriculum developed by Portland Bible College is not ‘for sale,’ but available for use under different licensing options; Extension Campus, Affiliate Program, Group License and Individual License. Each license allows for different usage permissions and periods of time. Churches/Programs that no longer partner with PBC do not retain usage rights to the lectures, PowerPoint or additional curriculum.
Group use: This is the individual licensed curriculum for this course. : If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, there are group licensing options available. The group license differs from the individual license in that it permits you to present this course publicly as well as provides additional resources including a syllabus and assignment templates. Group License costs are the individual license fee + the very affordable price of $10 per student. If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, please contact the PBC offices by phone at 503.255.3540 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cart is empty