Course Description: Pastoral Ministry has 28 lectures (each 35-45 minutes in length). This course defines the role every leader plays in pastoral ministries. Every student will be equipped in the principles, practices and disciplines needed as well as discuss the special challenges faced in being involved in any aspect of pastoral ministry in the twenty-first century church.
- To explore the biblical foundation for pastoral ministries and how these principles apply to the local church today.
- To define the role of all church leaders in respect to their role in pastoral ministries including the Set man, five-fold ministry, and team ministry leaders.
- To discuss the various aspects of pastoral ministry in the local church, including roles and responsibilities.
- To define and understand the eight major foundational components of pastoral ministry and their role in building a healthy local church.
- To discuss the personal priorities and challenges each leader must address to sustain longevity in calling and service.
- To explore unique cultural and contemporary issues facing the twenty-first ministry effectiveness.
- To develop proper time management, administrative and organizational skills needed to be effective in ministry.
- To anticipate and prepare for pastoral ministry.
- Lectures 1-2: Biblical View of Pastoral Ministries
- Lectures 3-4: Pastoral Ministry and the Local Church
- Lectures 5-10: Personal Commitments of Pastors
- Lectures 11-28: Pastoral Ministry Cultures
Instructor: Walter Madison
Portland Bible College is an educational ministry of Mannahouse (formerly City Bible Church) committed to the formation of Servant-Leaders for local churches and societies throughout the world. PBC has a reputation for not only training your mind, but also speaking to your spirit. Now these courses, which have helped thousands of pastors, church staff, marketplace leaders and committed believers achieve greater success in their churches, ministries and personal lives; is available to people anywhere in the world. This course can be offered for college credit by visiting www.portlandbiblecollege.org/apply-now
Copyrights: All courses are the intellectual property of Portland Bible College. Any copying or public presentation of part or all of the courses without express written permission from Portland Bible College is a violation of federal law. Curriculum developed by Portland Bible College is not ‘for sale,’ but available for use under different licensing options; Extension Campus, Affiliate Program, Group License and Individual License. Each license allows for different usage permissions and periods of time. Churches/Programs that no longer partner with PBC do not retain usage rights to the lectures, PowerPoint or additional curriculum.
Group use: This is the individual licensed curriculum for this course. : If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, there are group licensing options available. The group license differs from the individual license in that it permits you to present this course publicly as well as provides additional resources including a syllabus and assignment templates. Group License costs are the individual license fee + the very affordable price of $10 per student. If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, please contact the PBC offices by phone at 503.255.3540 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cart is empty