Course Description: Worship in the Bible provides a biblical overview of worship. It is designed to establish a strong scriptural foundation of the topic of worship for the student. It will develop different worship themes from Genesis to Revelation; touching on the high points of worship expressed in various sacred structures of the Old Testament and practices in the Early Church and today.
- Designed to expose students to the breadth of biblical material that relates to the topic of worship: songs, poems, prayers, etc.
- Familiarize students with the terms and concepts that are used to express the act of worship
- Look at the ways that Israel and the church historically engaged in acts of worship
- Provide an overview of the sacred structures in the Bible where worship took place
- Address some of the current trends and conflicts over the area of worship in the Church
- Lectures 1-6: Definition and Purpose of Worship
- Lectures 7-10: History of Worship
- Lectures 11-23: Tabernacle of Moses
- Lectures 24-25: David and Worship
Instructor: Lanny Hubbard
Portland Bible College is an educational ministry of Mannahouse (formerly City Bible Church) committed to the formation of Servant-Leaders for local churches and societies throughout the world. PBC has a reputation for not only training your mind, but also speaking to your spirit. Now these courses, which have helped thousands of pastors, church staff, marketplace leaders and committed believers achieve greater success in their churches, ministries and personal lives; is available to people anywhere in the world. This course can be offered for college credit by visiting www.portlandbiblecollege.org/apply-now
Copyrights: All courses are the intellectual property of Portland Bible College. Any copying or public presentation of part or all of the courses without express written permission from Portland Bible College is a violation of federal law. Curriculum developed by Portland Bible College is not ‘for sale,’ but available for use under different licensing options; Extension Campus, Affiliate Program, Group License and Individual License. Each license allows for different usage permissions and periods of time. Churches/Programs that no longer partner with PBC do not retain usage rights to the lectures, PowerPoint or additional curriculum.
Group use: This is the individual licensed curriculum for this course. : If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, there are group licensing options available. The group license differs from the individual license in that it permits you to present this course publicly as well as provides additional resources including a syllabus and assignment templates. Group License costs are the individual license fee + the very affordable price of $10 per student. If you are interested in facilitating this course for a group, please contact the PBC offices by phone at 503.255.3540 or email at email@example.com.
Your cart is empty